USHA Estate Group - One Day Seminar - March 6th 2015
The USHA Estates Group is hosting a one day seminar at Eversheds in London on March 6th.
The event is looking at CDM regulations and issues with Asbestos and is sponsored by HBE Risk Management. Follow the links for:
USHA'S 43rd Spring Conference 2015 : a healthier future in higher education.
This is a 3 day event open to USHA and HEOP members and sponsored by Sevron - online safety management specialists.
It has attracted leading speakers in their field and relevant to the sector plus UK and overseas Institutions keen to share some innovative projects. Sessions include the Governments agenda on its 'Health & Work' policy, rethinking stress in the workplace, the burden of occupational cancer, how building design affects our physical and mental health, and the Fit Note and returning to work.
Bookings are open til 27th March 2015. Here are the full programme and booking details.
Conference sessions include:
- The Governments agenda on its 'Health & Work' policy
- Rethinking stress in the workplace
- The burden of occupational cancer
- How building design affects our physical and mental health
- The Fit Note and returning to work
- Reviewing mobile working and challenging if interface environments are good for our health
- An awareness of mental health problems now affecting 1 in 4 people
- Evaluating students fitness to study
Keynote speakers include:
- David Frost CBE, Chair of the LEP Network and co-author of 'Health at Work'
- Peter Kelly HSE, Psychologist
- Paul Farmer, Chief Executive of MIND
- Kevin Friery, Clinical Director from Right Management Workplace Wellness
- Dr Jennifer Lunt, from the Health and Safety Laboratory
- Mandi Barron, Executive Officer AMOSSHE ( Student services)
- Karen Cregan, Wellbeing & Engagement Network Initiative
- Philip Watson, UK Design Director Atkins Global
- Hugo Bos, Chair of the Dutch Ergonomics Society
Bookings are open til 27th March 2015.
There is an early bird offer with a 20% discount valid til 31st January 2015.
Plus an additional incentive with the first 100 to book and pay by the end of January receiving a free UV watch.
Specialist Fire Group Seminar
10th - 11th June 2015
County Thistle Hotel, Newcastle
In June the Specialist Fire Group will be hosting its summer seminar in June in Newcastle. More details to follow.
Please refer to the Events Calendar for conference details.
USHA organises several conferences throughout the year.
The aim of USHA conferences are to establish:
- networking and information sharing
- dissemination of best practice
- celebrate successes
- launch new initiatives
- consult with the membership
- debate and discuss issues impacting the sector
USHA has an established history of successful conference events, providing a first class programme of speakers and covering a wide range of current issues.
||The Life Cycle of Risk from Cradle to Grave
||Revitalising - have you signed up? HSE have!
||Risk Management Benefit to Insurance
||Safety & Corporate Criminal Accountatbility
||Brighton & Sussex
||Regulation to Self Regulation
||Distilling Value from Legal Mash
||Fire and Flu
||In Search of Wellbeing
||Building a Safer and Healthier Way
||On the Edge
||Health, Safety and Wellbeing Management Systems in Practice.
||Event Safety Management
||Training, Learning and Competence
||‘Courtroom Drama’ Health & Safety Legislation
||Safety in Fieldwork - a big adventure, a safe journey
||Spring Conference + 40th Anniversary celebrations
||Belton Woods Hotel - Grantham, Lincolnshire
||Reflections on the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
||Natural History Museum, London
||Managing Health and Safety In Research
||Royal Institute of British Architecture, London
||MRC & USHA 'Laboratory Design' - Download presentations
||Grosvenor Hilton Hotel, Glasgow
||The Changing World of Health and Safety - living in challenging times - Download presentations - Download photos
||Manchester Conference Centre
||Human Factors and The Higher Education Build Environment - View presentations and photos
||Safety in Building Design - View presentations
||Hilton Hotel, Watford
Doing more with less: adapting to the changing needs of Higher education - Download presentations - Download photos
||Royal York Hotel, York
Confident Competencies - Download presentations - Download photos
Non-Members may attend conferences subject to a non-member rate. Places for non-members may be limited.